Quake Live is “offline for maintenance” right now but when it returns it will be without the beta tag. It will also come with two new subscription packages to supplement the ‘Standard’ version which will continue to be free.
For $23.88 a year (that breaks out to $1.99 a month) you can get a ‘Premium’ subscription which includes:
* Access to 20 QUAKE LIVE Premium only maps at launch with more to come. Premium maps are a combination of brand new maps and frequently requested community favorites from previous QUAKE games such as Aerowalk, Theater of Pain, Japanese Castles, and Realm of Steel Rats
* An all new ‘Freeze Tag’ game mode
* Exclusive premium level awards
* Create your own clan and join up to five separate clans
* Custom QUAKE LIVE profile wallpaper
* Match statistics stored for six months
For twice that much, $47.88 a year ($3.99 per month), you get a ‘Pro’ subscription which includes everything in the Premium level plus:
* The ability to start your own game server, specify a server location, determine the game mode and invite who you want to join you
* With the Pro Subscription, you can invite three friends with Standard level memberships to play with you in any Premium level map
* Exclusive pro awards
* Create your own clan and join up to ten separate clans
* Match statistics stored for 12 months
Free play in the standard version will continue as before with more than 40 arenas and five game modes. Friends lists, access to one clan, matchmaking, and in-browser stat keeping will also remain free.
The team has embedded a number of close matches from the “pros” as we wait for the servers to come back up.