The full trailer for Transformers 3 hits theaters this weekend and will be online tomorrow, but there’s now a description of what it shows. Transformers fansite Tformers.com got the scoop from someone who claims to work in a theater and took an early look at the trailer. Word is that the movie is Bay’s apology for Transformers 2 and people who have seen extended clips say it looks to blow away the first two.
Here’s what the scooper had to say:
– Trailer starts off with a up close shot of the moon with Earth in the background. I see what I can only guess is The Ark making a rough crash on the surface of the moon, followed by little bits of what we’ve seen with Neil Armstrong in the announcement trailer.
– Quick flash of a aerial view of a city around dusk. I’m guessing Chicago.
– What looks to be the same building the Autobots go to after their first mission at the beginning of ROTF. You see Optimus, Ironhide and someone else drive in. It then pans out and you see the rest of the Autobots drive in, the red Ferrari included.
– Next is a couple flashes of Sam and some government people. A lady telling Sam if he discusses what he’s about to see that they will all lose their job.
– Then we see Optimus getting in the women’s face basically saying along the lines “Since you humans have not told us anything about or pertaining to the moon and the contents on it, we are all screwed”. Except of course what he says sounds way more badass and foreboding. Bumblebee and Ratchet are also there in bot mode.
– Then, the real stuff starts. We see a giant blue beam in the middle of what I’m assuming to be Chicago shoot up to the sky. It then shows the moon and the ships we’ve seen attacking Chicago plus the drone type Transformers coming out of the ground on the moon. Then they start running towards the “fish looking motherships”, which are also on the moon. Followed by the drones phasing out of the blue beam that’s in the city. So teleporting essentially. I’m guessing it’s some sort of space bridge type device? Then they start creating chaos on Earth.
Then everything just gets fast and amazing.
– We see a 2 second clip of Shockwave. The same clip that is in picture form that was released today that’s on the homepage.
– Sergeant Epps basically telling Sam that they can’t do this anymore.
– Sam holding a handgun pointing at someone saying “WHERE IS SHE?!” I’m assuming he’s pointing it at a human and is asking about Carly.
– Extra footage of the flying suit soldiers falling from the sky.
– A little extended clip of the laserbeak scene. Just shows laserbeak basically doing a barrel roll then opening up his wings to start shooting at the white car.
– A bunch of invasion type scenes showing Chicago being attacked.
– Sam and Carly inside a phonebooth. Sam yells “Optimus”. Almost exactly like he did in the ROTF forest scene. Then it shows the jetpack scene we all love of Optimus tearing through all the Decepticons.
– And my absolute favorite part of the trailer. We see Bumblebee come out of a drift around a corner, drives up a broken part of the street that is ramp like, transforms at the same time, launches himself in the air, puts both his feet on a side of a building like Prince of Persia/Assassin’s Creed, jumps off the building, does a kickass twist in the air and catches a human in each hand that I’m assuming is Sam and Carly. Absolutely amazing.
– Then we see Sam and Bumblebee up close to the camera and Sam is messing with Bumblebee’s mouthpeice. Maybe his voice is back, I don’t know.
– Optimus saying something noble while Sam and Agent Simmons are on what looks to be like a bridge. Simmons legs also seemed to be injured. He’s in a wheelchair.
– Next and finally is the absolutely stunning shot of the giant tentacle transformer climbing up a skyscraper all the human charterers are in. Drilling all through it, then basically hugging it until it topples over while all the human characters are falling down the building while it’s falling over in half.