Everyone’s attention may be on The Force Awakens, but there’s another Star Wars movie ramping up production. And now some really general Rogue One rumors have popped up.
Today JoBlo posted these rumors:
- Definitely set during the “Dark Time” of the Empire (between Episodes III and IV)
- Being coined as “darker and grittier” than any other Star Wars film to date
- The film seems to be aiming to be much like an old school war film; Think Hamburger Hill meets Star Wars
- All the Jedi are said to be in hiding; expect this story to leave them in the background
- Stormtroopers have same armor as they do in the original films (i.e. episodes IV – VI)
- Lots of alien life forms, Mon Calamari among them
- New droids and aliens will be introduced. Kind of a no-brainer, but just so you know it’s not just a bunch of rebels
- At-Ats, X-Wings, Y-wings, At-Sts are said to be present.
- Implied that some of the film will take place on Yavin-4; a lot of armies in the jungle and various battlefield locations
- Looks like a new droid will be part of the band of rebels attempting to steal the Death Star plans
- Felicity Jones is seen dressed as a rebel soldier ready for battle; expect her to get her hands dirty in this one
The thing is there’s nothing shocking or even new there at all. It’s all stuff we knew from the Star Wars Celebration panel with some non-specific guesses as to what we’ll see in the movie. It’s so non-specific it almost comes off as fluff.
Don’t worry, with Rogue One filming this summer there’s a good chance we’ll know plenty about the movie even before The Force Awakens hits theaters. That way we’ll only have to put up with a couple of months of this sort of thing.