We’re only a few short weeks before the Batman V Superman Ultimate Cut hits Digital HD, but lots of people are claiming to have information about what’s new. The trailer released last week gives a good idea of some of the things added, but of course DC fans want more details.
Before you read these, be aware that they are from Reddit and that place does have a reputation for being somewhere where people can just make up whatever they want. However, some of this is backed up by comments by Zack Snyder (which I’ll post below):
- The African woman who speaks at the beginning of the film is an actress paid for by Lex Luthor.
- Mercy was uncomfortable with what Luthor was doing. Knowing this, Lex leads Mercy to her death out of spite for being unfaithful to him.
- The Justice League cameos are not via an email in the Ultimate Cut.
- Aquaman, Flash and Cyborg are seen in “action” during the end credits. Due to time constraints, they had to cut this sequence and their stories within the film. The email scene was a last minute idea to be able tease the Justice League characters in a short amount of time.
- Luthor comes across as a more grounded character. His story makes much more sense with all his important character moments included and in the correct order.
Back in March, Zack Snyder gave an interview to Collider where he discussed the Ultimate Cut:
â€œWe call it the Ultimate Cut because to me itâ€™s a deeper dive into that world and there are storylines in there that get fleshed out by the longer versionâ€¦ I would say that we didnâ€™t really take out much of the Superman/Batman story because I felt like, you know thatâ€™s kind of the movie, but there was some sort of interstitial stuff that surrounds the story, that kind of finishes some of the ideas that we trimmed back, and I think thatâ€™s what you get.â€
â€œThereâ€™s a little bit of action, thereâ€™s a little bit of violence that we trimmed out for the MPAA that we put back. The Batman warehouse rescue, thereâ€™s a couple shots of Doomsday that were too intense. Then thereâ€™s a little bit longer ending, sort of the ending sequence, and the opening of the movie, the North Africa sequence is really much different.â€
The longer ending sequence could refer to the rumor of the Justice League cameos taking place there. El Mayimbe at Heroic Hollywood said a few months ago that the closing credits would be the setup for Justice League. So those bits from the Reddit rumor do line up with things that have been said before.