WARNING: THE FOLLOWING POST CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2’S POST CREDIT SCENES. DO NOT OPENLY SHARE THE SPOILERS BELOW IN ORDER TO PRESERVE THE SURPRISE FOR THOSE WHO DON’T WANT TO KNOW.
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 has not just one big post-credit scene, but five scattered throughout the credits. Much like the first movie, none of these really set up bigger things in the MCU but two of them do seem to hint at what we’ll see in Vol. 3.
These are the scenes:
– Sylvester Stallone’s character Stakar (Starhawk) is seen meeting Ving Rhames and Michelle Yeoh who play Charlie-27 and Aleta Ogord. Krugar and Mainframe also appear in this scene setting up the original Guardians to possibly appear together in the third movie.
– Ayesha is seen talking about how she has a way to destroy the Guardians and we see a figure in a cocoon. This is obviously Adam Warlock who at one point would’ve been in this movie but is being saved for the third.
– Teenaged Groot is seen playing video games.
– Sean Gunn’s character tries to use Yondu’s fin to control one of his arrows. He can’t control it as well as Yondu so the arrow hits Drax. There is a bigger spoiler connected to this scene in the movie itself, which we won’t post here.
– Stan Lee is in space talking to Watchers! They walk away from him because he’s talking too much.
The Stan Lee one is interesting as it was believed that the Watchers are tied up with Fox’s Fantastic Four rights. It could be that just Uatu is with Fox and Marvel is free to use the big-head Watchers in the MCU or it could be something else entirely.